Thursday, December 12, 2013

Bittersweet

The ending of this experience is so bittersweet.

     I walk around this city with an even greater appreciation than I had before.  I have been visiting my favorite places "for the last time."  Saying that makes everything so real.  I walked alone along the Vltava River and across the Charles Bridge yesterday at sunset and my eyes welled up with tears.  Nothing can compare to the beauty of this city.  Nothing will ever impact me the way the past 4 months has. I found this quote yesterday and it seems to describe everything perfectly:

   This past week has been filled with eating at as many of our favorite places as possible, spending as much time with each other as possible, and miserably failing my Czech Politics finals after studying for about 23 hours total for it. 

My sorority Big Lillian is a wise woman and wrote these words on her travel blog:
"I like that I get to see new places and experience new things. I like that I am an active writer in my life story and that I refuse to leave a single page blank." 

I refuse to leave a single page blank.

Off to Barcelona!

No comments:

Post a Comment