Saturday, December 7, 2013

Countdown

The countdown has officially begun!  I will be home in 13 days and counting.

     The countdown is weird because it makes everything more real, more scary.  I have completely mixed emotions about everything.  On one hand, I am excited to see my family (all 6 Christels at home at once) and head back to High Point, but on the other hand I never want to leave this city.  I know how many responsibilities are waiting for me at home/school and I feel like I haven't finished my adventure yet.  My adventure is just beginning.

     In the words of Aunt Leanne, I have caught the travel bug and I never want to stop.  I will be back to Europe very, very soon.  Next on my list:  Switzerland, Croatia, Ireland, and Greece.  A group of us realized an interesting thing the other day.  As much as we love traveling every weekend to new countries, we are always so anxious to come back to Prague, our home.  So what's going to happen when I travel back to the U.S.?  Will I be constantly anxious to return to my new home, Prague, or will that anticipation fade the longer I'm in the States?

Okay, enough sappy stuff... onto the recount of my week...


     On Wednesday Chris played a gig at a local favorite bar of ours.  In typical American fashion, we barged into the bar with like 25 of us cheering loudly.  All the other performers were Czech so we couldn't understand anything they sang.  Chris rocked, just like he always does.

Chris doin' his thang on stage.

window display in Old Town

     This week Michelle and I were able to spend some quality time with Ed as we explore all the Christmas markets Prague has to offer.  Essentially eating our ways through them.  A small group of us also tried out this amazing Vegetarian restaurant hidden down the small alleys in Old Town!

Me & Ed in Old Town
Mitch & me
     Friday was down to business.  Claire and I spent 6 1/2 hours in our favorite cafe, Cafe Ebel, working on our last papers and studying for our last exams.  As of Monday I will be completely done with all papers and tests and projects! YIPPEE!  As we sat in Cafe Ebel, a friend of mine from Kellenberg walked in.  He and his girlfriend happened to be visiting Prague for the weekend and stumbled upon this cafe for breakfast.  It's a small world ladies and gentleman!

     Today a small group of us took a day trip to Nuremberg, Germany for the Christmas markets.  I spent an embarrassing amount of euro on Christmas gifts for everyone, but I couldn't resist!  I LOVE Nuremberg.  It is a quintessential Germany town, covered in lights for the Christmas season.  The majority of people thought I was a local.  I guess my German genes are more prominent than my Italian ones!  We even had a good covering of snow in Prague and large flurries in Nuremberg today!  A perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit!  We tried traditional Nuremberg sausage and gingerbread-- both of which were delicious!












Me and T-Cline

The gang



     Tomorrow is another day of buckling down to study for my last final on Monday!  After that, I will take the last 11 days of my European adventure to explore and see my favorite places for the last time.  And only 4 days until Barcelona! YAY!

Good luck on finals to all my friends and sisters at High Point!  Sending love and positive thoughts your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment