Sunday, October 20, 2013

Light Festival

This week was full of exploration!

    Michelle and Phil were in Vienna for a few days so I had time to myself.  That time to myself made me realize home much I hate time to myself.  Although I consider myself a pretty independent person, I am starting to realize that I just always need company.  Adventures aren't any fun unless you have someone to reminisce them with.

    Luckily I was able to substitute Michelle for the week with the help of my good friend Gorman (yes, his first name is Gorman-- he's really Irish).  I know for a fact that he is definitely sick of me after this week.  He must also have a new respect for Michelle and how she puts up with me all the time.

But in a nutshell, these are a few of the adventures from the week:

-Found the pool room in our dorm & played pool
-Celebrated Australia with our Australian friends (face-paint and all)
-Danced the night away at a cool club, which was obviously followed by a McDonald's run (classic Americans)
-Made a fort out of sheets in my room (Morty the Forty)
-Killer breakfast at Bohemian Bagel--- Bacon, Egg, & Cheese on a Bagel. I felt like I was at My Three Sons. It's the little things that make you miss home.
-Cooked a killer pasta/broccoli dish one night, then a kielbasa dish the next night (call me, Chef Linds)
-Explored Prague Castle (which Gorman and I found out, isn't really a castle)
-Saw the most beautiful views of Prague Fall foliage
-FINALLY got my banana-nutella crepe
-Went to the Prague Ballet to see Swan Lake
-Third-wheeled on Michelle & Phil, and Phil paid for me because he's just the best.
-Last but not least, Prague SIGNAL Light Festival

More about this Light Festival:

  • Light "artists" from all over the world set up light exhibits all around the city of Prague for 4 days.  They set up a few video-mapping (pictures below) that are exhibited on some of the most major buildings in Prague.  They also just set up some more simple exhibits.



    Perfect night for a full moon
     Video-mapping

No comments:

Post a Comment